Serves 6 as a starter
- 6 large cup mushrooms
- 1 large sweet red pepper – finely chopped
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 6 cloves of peeled black garlic – finely sliced (one for each mushroom)
- 75g butter
- 75g breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 45g Cheddar Cheese – grated
- 15g freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 6 tablespoons of chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Wipe the mushrooms clean. Carefully take out the stalks but keep the mushroom cups whole. Place the mushrooms in a large baking dish.
- Chop the stalks, sweet red pepper and onion.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the onion mixture.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs, parsley and lemon juice. Season to taste.
- Stir in the beaten egg.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushroom cups. Tuck one finely sliced peeled black garlic clove into each mushroom cup.
- Sprinkle over the grated Cheddar Cheese and Parmesan.
- Pour the stock around them
- Drizzle the tops with olive oil. Season again with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until the mushrooms are tender and the tops golden brown.
- Serve with a rocket salad.